Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I'm traveling by air with a 10 mo. Not sure what to expect or what to do. Any advice would be great!!?

We are traveling to Atlanta from Sacramento and then into Fl. Not sure what to do for the first 8 hours. I have traveled with my 5 yo but never a child so little. I am nursing her... what about her ears??I'm traveling by air with a 10 mo. Not sure what to expect or what to do. Any advice would be great!!?
i just did a 1.5 hour flight with my ten month old last week. not a long one i know but i stressed all the same. AND he slept from runway to bag collection.


for his ears i nursed him, i think the sucking helped as chewing does for us adults.


i still packed all the essentials and the just in cases, chew toys bottles etc but didn't need them.


something i found on the return trip was he went into an even deeper sleep if i rested his head on the side of the plane, i think maybe the droan and vibration soothed?? don't know if this is true but it seemed to work.


i did notice 2 other babies on board and when they started to cry on the decent i took that as a que to let my boy start suckling again to protect his ears, he stayed asleep and was in no obvious discomfort.


i think also he could have picked up on my stress so if you can relax about it all, be prepared and if you need you'll have the essentials to calm him.


good luck, you may be like me and need no luck at all, bubs might sleep all the way.I'm traveling by air with a 10 mo. Not sure what to expect or what to do. Any advice would be great!!?
Hi. The best answer for the ears is breastfeeding or bottle feeding or even sucking your finger. If you contact the airline ahead of time they can usually provide you with a cot so the child can rest comfortably. Let's see what else. Honestly, if you call the airline they will answer all your questions. I would suggest bringing a few toys and I some food if he's eating any cereals. Although I think the airline provides that also!


Good luck!
I traveled with my daughter from California to Pennsylvania when she was 3 months old. When taking off and landing, make sure your child has a pacifier. It will keep his/her ears from popping

No comments:

Post a Comment