Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Ok im going to be induced thursday any advice or last minute thing not forget to take to the hospital?

def. take shower shoes, like the kind you get after a pedicure so u have something to stand on in the shower. don't forget your make-up, and have some candy on hand something sweet and something sour, like twix and sour patch kids! good luck!Ok im going to be induced thursday any advice or last minute thing not forget to take to the hospital?
bring suckers...{i liked sour}....your mouth will feel very dry...


bring warm socks....your feet will be cold...


bring YOUR pillow....especially if you have thrown your leg over it....and leaned on it....you will miss it when your cramping.....





bring a great attitude!!





dont let them tell you what you can and cant do...


your baby ...your way...its all you girl...


if that babies ok...take off that monitor and walk





{i loved the shower for pain....trust me..you WILL know when its time to get out...lol}





mother of 4 *all natural* birth childrenOk im going to be induced thursday any advice or last minute thing not forget to take to the hospital?
My best advice would be to go down and get some of those old fashioned high waisted granny panties, and those pads that will stick inside so when ya bleed your not bleeding on your self i know the hospital furnishes types of these but they don't have the sticky strip. Also I found lotion for my tummy when I had to massage it and tucks pads helped me a ton too!! The tucks pads have witch hazel in them and help with the discomfort and dryness you get after giving birth i use to line my pad with them and let them just sit against me for a while..... I hope that this has helped some other than the typical stuff you've probably already got packed and ready.
write this down.


something to read


a crossword puzzle or word search (if you like them)


you will be wating a while once they check you in.


change of pjs, socks, slippers, bras, something to wear when you leave the hospital (comfy clothes not tight jeans)


toothbrush, shampoo and conditoner, soap, wash cloth and dry cloth (for you)


for baby


onesies, sleepers socks and booties, diapers, wipes, carseat, blankets,


the hospital will supply you with alot of things for the baby


congrats and i hope you have a healthy baby
a baby book


recieveing blankets


comfy pjs to come home in


outfit for the baby
Baby book (for them to ink footprints in for you)


A soft, comfy pair of pjs to come home in


A book to read or magazine to look at


CAMERA!


Call list of relatives/friends to notify


Cash for hubby's snacks (TRUST ME--THEY EAT A LOT!)
I was induced on a Thursday morning....baby only came on Saturday afternoon....so provisional motel booking for hubby if you're far away from the hospital....mine couldn't get a motel and drove 2 hours at breakneck speed when my waters finally broke
something to read. You'll get bored between the time they check you in and the time they actually start the drug that induces labor. Also the early stages of labor are slow and uncomfortable, but dull.





.
I forgot a pillow from home, a night shirt with out and night pants if you want to leave the room but if your not going to then just a night shirt because they will come in periodicly to check you bleeding, a tooth brush, camera, and cards or something for after the baby. I was so bored when nothing was going on all you can do is sit in bed and get up to go to the bathroom and watch tv. other than that your baby stuff like first outfit and diapers oh and if your going to bottle feed bring your own bottle because they have them at the hospital but my baby got used to the disposible nippte that they used and it's the only thing she would take for months. the issue with that is that it doesn't fit on some bottles.
looks like everyone just about covered it. it's not too late to try nipple stimulation and it might be more comfortable than inducing. i've had 2 children. the 1st time seemed awful, but the second time, i realized that the 1st was mostly made awful my my own fear of the unknown. so try to stay calm.


best wishes mimiloves we're out here rooting for you and the baby (and the rest of the family)
get the epidural. you will enjoy the birthing process then (without the pain).





Good Luck and God Bless!
if you're going to be induced, make sure you get an epidural. for my first, i was planning on trying to go it without pain meds or anything. i was induced and my doctor insisted that i have an epidural because the pitossin can make things move very quickly and it can get intense and the last thing your baby needs is for your blood pressure to rise. the other thing i wish someone had told me is don't let them send your husband or partner home!! when i was induced for my second child, they first gave me a medication inserted in my cervix to help it open up. i can't remember what it was called. they told me, ';this could take a while.'; and they sent my husband home for a good night's sleep and a shower. meanwhile my labor progressed and my water broke and i couldn't get my husband on the phone and he walked in right as i was pushing my first push!! i never had any pitossin because the first medication that they give threw me into labor. so tell your hubby or whomever is going to keep you company that they have to be in it for the long haul. no leaving you alone to go home for a shower. because it would be awful if no one was there with you when baby was born!! good luck to you!!
Snacks, baby outfit to go home in, the mittens so baby won't scratch their face, %26amp; slippers for yourself ! :)
maxi pads...hospitals usually give you these but if they are anything like my hospital gave...they were awful. If your not going to breast feed...sports bras that are 1 size too small because you will need to bound your chest up asap.....Don't forget good humor and patience as the nurses could drfive you up the wall collecting vitals at all hours of the day and night. Good Luck!
seriously.. some sort of flip flop or something to wear home from the hospital on your feet. My feet swelled tremendously and I couldnt fit my feet into my largest pair of shoes. books to read are good. Some sort of snack you like to munch on between hospital meals.





and go for the epidural.. enjoy your delivery.





good luck and congrats!
  • blackheads
  • makeup reviews
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment