Wednesday, July 28, 2010

During the summer, I am going to be a camp counselor...ADVICE?

I am 15 going on 16 and will be working as a camp counselor for younger kids (ages 3-5 I think). I have never had a job before and am kind of nervous. Any advice on how to be a good counselor? Thanks.During the summer, I am going to be a camp counselor...ADVICE?
Congratulations! That can be a great summer job. Years ago, when I was a camp counselor... the job entailed running a certain activity. The key was to keep things organized so that each camper had the materials they needed. Then we taught them how to use the materials. Your job may be quite a bit different... but I am guessing that you will still need to provide some form of instruction and keep supplies, materials, and little campers organized. There should be a camp directer there to show you what to do. My advice... don't be afraid to speak up when you see little campers or anything else get off track, but be sure to do so in a friendly way. Also, show that you are willing to ';step up'; by offering to do things (like run for the forgotten supply or do some extra clean up). I hope you enjoy the job!





Good luck!During the summer, I am going to be a camp counselor...ADVICE?
Bring lots of patience. And after they wear you out.. open another can of patience. If you have a lot of patience - you will do fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment