Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I need some advice on how to cure what may be an infected lip piercing?

i got my lip piercing about three or four days ago...


and i took all the precautions and went to a professional after i got it done he said all i had to do was rinse with antiseptic mouth wash twice a day which is what i've been doing


but now the surface of where my piercing is getting red and is starting to ooze alittle puss and i'm not sure what to doI need some advice on how to cure what may be an infected lip piercing?
That is an easy one--TAKE IT OUT!!!!!!I need some advice on how to cure what may be an infected lip piercing?
Yeah mine has done that before too. Have you been playing with it alot? I think mine did that because I was turning the ring in my lip too much and touching it without washing my hands immediately before. I recommend something called Blaire's wound wash saline. You can find it at Rite Aid and I don't remember how much it is but I know it's under $10. Try not to move it around a bunch and it should be okay. If it gets worse in the next few days, go back to the piercer and ask their advice.





P.S. When I got mine done, I had to rinse with a mix of 70% water and %30 listerine every time I ate, smoked, or drank anything other than water PLUS I had to wash it with liquid castile soap once a day PLUS use the wound wash saline once a day. Maybe you could do that? Mine turned out great, had it for two years now.
mine did the same thing...some people's do that and some don't...you DO need to twist it once a day so the skin doesn't grow onto it...wash your hands with antibacterial soap first....listerine after ANYTHING you put in your mouth...keep makeup away from the area...clean the outside area daily (morning and night) with antibacterial soap...SEA SALT dissolved in water swished around the inside of your lip at least 3 times a day for at least 30 seconds each time...the key to keeping down the infection is to keep it VERY clean...hope this helps!
im not sure. mine never got infected. u might have to take it off but it doesnt sound bad. its bad if ur lip is triple the normal size it used to be.
vaseline!!
Doesn't sound really bad yet - keep it really clean, and put some ice on it before it gets worse! Hurry!!!
thats normals just get regular antiseptic and put some on a q-tip and wipe it down
stop piercing your lips for pete's sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment