Sunday, August 22, 2010

Advice about my guinea pig who may be sick.?

Well,I think my guinea pig might be sick but I'm not sure.I'm known to get obsessive over things and I'm afraid to really ask anyone because I don't want them to think I'm weird.





When I was petting my guinea pig was shaking.I thought maybe he was cold so I turned the air off but an hour later he was still shaking.I don't know if maybe he just shakes when he moves.That just made me wonder more that if he was shaking when he was moving that he might be weak.He's still eatting and drinking.His coat is shiney and has full colored lips.Advice about my guinea pig who may be sick.?
Guinea pigs are very nervous creatures. In the wild they are a prey species. They are constantly on the gaurd. Guinea pigs that are badly bred are also prone to being more nervous. He may be shaking cause he is frightened. He may not like the way you are petting him or where you are petting him. He could be feeling open and vunerable. Is he making chittering noises or cooing noises when your petting him? Then the shaking you are feeling is a type of purring because he is please or aroused. Thats normal especially if he is a boy guinea pig. If he is eating and drinking, his eyes are clean and bright, there is no coughing or sneezing, wheezing, his poopies are fully formed and not runny, and hes active and alert. Then there isnt anything to worry about.


I've proffesionally raised pigs for pets and shows for 17+ yearsAdvice about my guinea pig who may be sick.?
see, some guinea pigs (most) are usually quite nevous. some stay like that others get used to humans picking em up. but if u've had him for a while it might be lack of vitamins. you can by guinea vitamins at any pet shop. also a chance he might be old too. oh.... some times it means theyre horny :)
you mention the air..pigs cant take drafts move him away from the AC.no drafts.....will cause lung problems...
Hmmm...I'd call the vet, and describe how he is behaving, and then see if you should bring him or not...I hope he's okay! :-)
Hi.. :) I too have a Guinea pig that shivers..but I have two so they both do that but anyways its not a case of sickness its just that the guinea's cold or purring....Hope It Helps.. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment