Sunday, August 22, 2010

Might be getting a new car (Advice please)?

I'm a college student and I currently own a 01 VW New Beetle. The car works fine but it needs a new paint job and some other things need to be fixed. Due to this I've been thinking of buying a new car, since I'm probably getting a job soon. I want a small SUV (a Jeep Patriot or a Mitsubishi Outlander), or a 07 Beetle. Of course I have to wait till I get the job first, but here's the question, should I sell my beetle if I get the job, or should I just paint it and keep it?Might be getting a new car (Advice please)?
Just a college student !!


You have no idea about what is going to happen in your next 4 or 5 years!


in a couple of years you may start thinking to transfer to another college or move out from your parents house! then you need $$$$ !


I had the same exact situation 2 years ago when I was thinking to upgrade my 99 Jetta to a 2005 Golf/Jetta. Now I am glad that I didn't bought the car!Might be getting a new car (Advice please)?
I guess it depends on if you can afford a new car. If you do paint it and keep it, you might end up running into more problems as the car get older.
Peach, I ran into a similar dilemna when I had a 1990 Mitsubishi Gallant (many many years ago). I was thinking about selling it too, but in the end, I chose to repaint it, and got about another 50,000 miles out of the car.





If the car is running fine, I would keep it until the maintenance costs make it impractical. Don't forget you will have a lot of extra living expenses once you leave college. Get a sense of your average monthly costs before you move forward with a sizable purchase such as this one. And don't buy new...look for a car with 10K to 15K miles. You'll always get a better price, and lower insurance too.
Save the dough and just drive it.
Keep the Car.





Cars are nothing but over priced toys and status symbols.
jeez, how do you have such nice things in college? I had a rust bucket blazer. Anyway, I was shocked when I got out on my own a few years back. by the time i paid rent, utilities, taxes, food, etc., i did not have enough money left over to buy a car until after my first raise. i thought with 45k/yr i woul be able to get something nice. it didnt happen. my regret is buying a car as soon as i thoguht i could afford it. i had debt from school and other things that happened, and I could have used that money to get clear. they say they won't, but i borrowed up to my ability to pay, and had nothing left over. be careful!
i would not worry about the paint fix any thing mechanical/structial and wait for a while till you have more funds available,the paint doesnt affect the drive,if you buy an suv make sure you buy a diesel.
u should get a toyota yaris.


really good car and really affordable..
THE CAR RUN GOOD AS YOU HAVE STATED, NEEDS SOME WORK AND A PAINT JOB.





THE JOB IS A MAYBE BUT NOT SURE.





REPAIR THE CAR AND REPAINT IT, KEEP IT FOR A LITTLE LONGER SAVE UP MORE MONEY AND MAKE SURE THAT YOU SECURE YOUR JOB AND IT WORKS OUT FOR YOU.





IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE A GOOD HEAD ON YOUR SHOULDERS AND THERE IS NO POINT IN GETTING INTO SOMETHING THAT MIGHT NOT PAN OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment