Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Advice on how to be a better friend?

I recently realized that I'm sometimes condescending to my friends. I totally hate it when people do it to me, and I don't want to treat anyone that way especially those close to me, but I find myself getting frustrated with people sometimes. I don't do it on purpose though, I just don't think I realize my tone sometimes. Does anyone have any tips on how to avoid this, whether by lowering my frustration levels or by choosing my words more carefully?Advice on how to be a better friend?
You could ask your friends for help with pinpointing this part of yourself that you dislike. Ask them to pipe up when you seem condescending to them at the time that it comes up. But I think if you're writing this question you've already diagnosed the problem and that is half of the battle. I have faith, that you see this behavior as important enough to change and, that you will change it.





Good luck!Advice on how to be a better friend?
Thank you and it's nice to see someone who is trying to behave better toward others. It seems rare these days. I wish you well, and thanks for the reminder to be considerate.

Report Abuse



be suportive
RELAX AND BE YOURSELF! KIND
just be there when your friend needs to talk
I get what you mean.





Just mellow down or avoid friends that are frustrating you.
Just be nice to people, and if not apologize as soon as you realize what you did
CONSTANT discipline. It's very hard to change old habits and takes constant attention. You can do it, it just takes time and lots of practice.
If these are truly your friends, tell them your problem and ask them to help you. If you don't know when you're being obnoxious, perhaps they'll tell you and you can begin to change for the better.
jus say hey sorry mayb u have anxiety jus tell them right then and there how u r feelin im sure they will understand if they r good friends. just treat ppl the way u want to b treated
You need to give yourself a few seconds to think before you speak it sounds like. I used to say ridiculous things all the time, and now I take sometime to think of the effect it might have, and I am much quieter than I once was. Just try it out for a bit... become a little introverted, and then when you've figured out how to find a way to be that suits you and doesn't hurt your friends, then you'll have hit that happy medium.

No comments:

Post a Comment