Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I am 160lbs,5'8. Goal is to lose 15 pounds. Any pointers or advice would be deeply appreciated ?

I already work out 3 times a week. I stay away from junk food and soft drinks. I am not overweight, but i just want to be in better shape. At this moment, I am gaining mass but i don't have any cuts(ripped) what so ever. Weight loss is essential to my goal in looking better and feeling better. I need advice on how to lose weight and to keep it away at the same time.I am 160lbs,5'8. Goal is to lose 15 pounds. Any pointers or advice would be deeply appreciated ?
Ok, this is what I do! And it is working for me! I hope this helps, just remember, you don't have to restrict calories, it may not help in the long run! Because many people who DO restrict calories, end up gaining more weight than before! And low-carb diets DO work. Try Atkins!





Meals:





The best way to eat is 5-6 small meals a day, or eating every three hours. The purpose of this is to REV UP your metabolism, so your just burn calories! It's also healthier than gorging at three meals a day. Plus, it curbs your appetite so you don't over eat, or binge! And never eat under 1500 calories! That's UNHEALTHY! Try to lean towards 1700-2000 calories a day! And have a cheat day! So you don't go crazy from dieting! Plus, try eating smoothies for one of your meals! A healthy one, with just fruit, yogurt, juice, and ice! This is good because they are better for digestion, plus they are healthy AND you can add protein powder to them! Which is GREAT for after an exercise!





Exercise:





My work out routine is very simple. I walk/jog thirty minutes a day (Or three miles) NO less! Then if you want, try lifting weights, sit-ups or crunches, squats and lunges! Building muscle will BURN calories, even when you are just laying around! So, when you get back into shape, you can get into harder work outs, and basically eat what ever you want without worry!


Plus, REMEMBER, protein smoothies! They help since they are essential to muscle repair, and muscle only grows when it is repairing and at rest! So never workout more than 5 times a week. OR you will WEAR yourself out, and you have to have time for your muscles to rest!





Hope this helps, stay healthy, and be patient! Good things come to those who wait! And losing weight healthily can take up to 2 months for your satisfied results, so don't feel discouraged, and you may build muscle on the way that will way more than fat! But, remember, even if you start to weigh more you are burning tons of calories!

No comments:

Post a Comment